Elements of a Nations (source: Asian Nationalism)
- historical territory (Example: Bangsamoro, Palestine)
- shared myths, stories, memories
- mass and public culture
- single economy
- common rights
How are Russia, Ukraine and Belarus 'related' in the first place?
Answer: Russians, Ukrainians and Belorussians are descendants of the Slavs, the ethnic group that populates most of Siberia at present day (note: the earliest settlers of Siberia were Ukrainians and Russians)
A Chronological Order of some Important Events during Indonesia's History
- Java Man
- Trade Relations between South India and Indonesia (Important terms: Swarna Dwipa [ Island of Gold])
- Sri Vijaya Empire (Important terms: 683-1377, Mahayana Buddhism, Power based on the control over int'l sea trade, Borbodur)
- Majapait Empire (Important terms: come when Sri Vijaya fell to the Muslim Malays, last of the Indianized kingdoms, larger than Sri Vijaya in terms of territory)
- Spread of Islam sultanates of Bone and Goa
- Dutch colonization
Ethnic Roots of the Southeast Asian Nations (source: History of Asian Nations by Sonia M. Zaide 5th and 8th editions)
- Thais- Chinese in racial origin with a mixture of Malay blood
- Burmese- a race mixture of Tibetan, Chinese and Indians
- Vietnamese-came from a mixture of Chinese, Malays and Thais (PS. I hope that means that Thai-kun and Viet-chan are distantly related
they're my OTP, that's why TuT)
- Cambodians-most are Khmers (while the rest are Chinese, Vietnamese or from the primitive tribes)
- Laotians -cousins of the Thais when it comes to race, religions, customs and speech
- Timorese-mostly Malay-Polynesians
- Bruneians-mostly Malays, followed by the Chinese, then the aborigines and, lastly, Europeans and other minorities
- Malaysians- (of course,) Malays with some Chinese and Indian blood in them; they are the ethnic siblings of the Filipinos and Indonesians
The First European Explorers to reach the Philippines? (source: History of Asian Nations by Sonia M. Zaide 5th and 8th editions)
Answer: The Portuguese
However, it would be the Spanish who'll come back and claim the Philippine island as a crown Colony to the king of Spain later on...
Pan de Sal- the salted bread Filipinos love to eat was not introduced by the Spanish, as most would think, but by the Portuguese during the 15th century. The traditional breakfast bun would later be categorized as merienda to the Filipinos. (source : Kulinarya: A Guidebook to Philippine Cuisine)
Would you like to know the what makes a 'nation' and a 'country' different from one another? Or would you like me to put in some other facts you'd like to know? Just put them in the comments if you want me to do so or to do something else related to the ff. mentioned.
In the meantime, I hope you like really long trivia I set up here.